Fallon (Churchill County)
Fallon Food Hub’s Great Basin Basket Farm Share [Kelli Kelly, Director]
Click on link for info on pickup locations
Moapa (Clark County)
Meadow Valley CSA Farm [Bryce & Lyndy Omer]
1012 E. McKnight Avenue
Pickup sites also at Las Vegas/Henderson Whole Food Stores and home delivery at extra cost
Nevada City, California (Nevada County, California)
Mountain Bounty Farm [John Tecklin]
14579 Blind Shady Road
Pickup sites in Reno, Incline Village & Zephyr Cove in Nevada; & Grass Valley, Nevada City, San Juan Ridge, Truckee, Tahoe, Kings Beach, South Lake Tahoe in California
Overton (Clark County)
Quail Hollow Farm [Laura Bledsoe]
1395 N Anderson Street
Reno (Washoe County)
Girl Farm CSA [Wendy Baroli]
1400 Long Valley Road
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a growing movement in America, which has provided economic support and predictability to farmers, practicing traditional family farming, that they will be able to continue to farm, and that communities will be able to enjoy fresh, local farm products. Partnering with local farms by purchasing a “share” in the season’s harvest, consumers can know where their food is coming from and have the satisfaction of supporting local agriculture.
Participants, who purchase their shares early in the season, provide the farmer with a stable income, and in return they receive a weekly supply of fresh local farm products. This concept of Community Supported Agriculture was introduced into the United States in 1985 by Robyn Van En, who farmed in South Egremont, Massachusetts. She learned of the concept from a Swiss friend, Jan Vander Tuin, and within 4 years her farm’s original membership of 30 shares grew to 150.
Wilson College in Chambersberg, Pennsylvania has established the Robyn Van En Center in honor of Ms. Van En who died in 1997. The Robyn Van En Center maintains a data base of Community Supported Agriculture farms, now numbering over 1400 farms, which is easily searched. CLICK HERE to search for a CSA farm convenient to your home using this directory.